What is a Cross Border Currency Declaration?


When you enter or leave a country you may be required to declare the amount of currency you are carrying.

Entering or Exiting Canada you must declare amounts equal to or greater than $10,000.00 CAD equivalent. 

Failure to do so can result in confiscation of your money and/or criminal charges being laid.

There is no restriction on the amount of money you can enter or exit Canada with as long as you declare it.

For more information go to Canada Border Services Agency website. (note:  this will take you to an external website)


Was this helpful?